Community Spirit Volunteering
ALARA works closely with other community groups in the Ipswich, Lockyer and Somerset areas to create new opportunities for people with a disability to be involved in the life of their community and make their own unique contribution.
Many local organisations rely on committed volunteers. ALARA can assist you to identify a suitable volunteer role that matches your interests, availability and skills and provide the necessary support to make the arrangement a success.
As part of the Community Spirit initiative ALARA service participants are currently volunteering their time in a range of different ways. Here are just a few:
- Providing visiting and reading services for children and aged care residents
- Baking for residents of nursing homes or cooking for vulnerable local people
- Delivering meals for Meals on Wheels
- Assisting with the care of rescue animals or at animal shelters
- Helping host community organisations with administration and office work
- Helping with fundraising campaigns and events