NDIS Plan Management
ALARA’s NDIS Plan Management services gives you all the benefits of self-management without the financial, administrative and coordination workload.
With assistance from an ALARA Plan Manager you have the option of engaging NDIA registered or unregistered services to provide your support. This for example would mean you could continue to receive support from your local sole trader therapist who does not wish to go through the NDIA registration process.
ALARA can provide both financial intermediary activities or service intermediary services or both types of support.
Financial intermediary services include:
- obtaining quotes for your consideration
- managing provider bookings
- managing payment of invoices
- managing financial disputes or queries
- expense claim processing
- providing you with monthly statements
- maintaining financial records
Service intermediary services include:
- sourcing potential suppliers and service providers*
- making agreements on your behalf with preferred suppliers and service providers
- liaising with providers and the NDIA on your behalf
- providing you with the tools and training to maximise your involvement in the management of your NDIS funding
As a local provider for 25 years ALARA has well developed financial systems and maintains comprehensive data base of local service providers. The Plan Management Unit is functionally independent from our services area and operates under a strict NDIS - Conflict of Interest and is tasked to ensure you have the opportunity to consider the broadest range of provider options.
The costs of Plan Management do not come from your support budget. If you choose to use Plan Management service the NDIA will add funds to cover this cost.*If you require a greater level of support in sourcing and negotiating services and supports or in designing programs to increase your community connections and build capacity and resilience, we all recommend that you also request funding for Support Coordination and Connection.