Support in the Community
Community Participation and Skill Development
Need support to learn new skills, engage with your community or expand your network of friends?
ALARA will work with you to identify your strengths, interests and aspirations and to create a tailored service to suit your needs and individual funding arrangements. Support can be provided individually or ALARA can investigate shared support arrangements.
ALARA can support you to:
- Learn new skills with individual programs to build, developing or regain skills in a range of areas to ensure that you are as independent as possible
- Get organised through assistance to do your shopping, pay the bills and attend appointments
- Build on an interest by taking that passion and linking you to interest groups, courses or one of our in-house programs
- Try new things that your community has to offer
- Get healthy and active - learning to grow and cook healthy food, working out at the local gym or with a personal trainer, being a member of a sporting team, joining a walking group or using the local hydrotherapy pool
- Play sport - with the local sports team, ALARA Jets Touch Football Team, ALARA Darts Team or Bowling League