Facebook YouTube

Where to Begin

To find out more about aged care services go to the My Aged Care website Getting Started with My Aged Care where you can download the brochure How to get started with My Aged Care or call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to request a copy.

Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. You will be asked some questions over the phone to help work out your needs. You will need your Medicare card handy.

My Aged Care will arrange a trained assessor to come to meet with you at your home. You can have family or a friend to support you at this meeting. With your consent, the assessor will assess your eligibility for services, your care needs and work with you to develop a support plan. Assessments for the Commonwealth Home Support Program are done by the Regional Assessment Service (RAS). To secure a Home Care Package you must be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).

Generally, you can choose your CHSP srvices and providers dependant on the vacancies they have in the service types you are approved for.

To choose a Home Care Package provider the My Aged Care website service locator My Aged Care - Find a Provider can help you compare services in your area.

Make sure you find out about costs. My aged care and service providers can give you information about costs and whether you will need a financial assessment. For home care packages you can use the online Fee Estimator.

When comparing providers ask whether they will give you a choice of staff and preferred time for your service to take place. Check if other costs such as exit fees apply.

To find out more about what ALARA can provide, contact us on 07 3817 0600.